EGS Elite Retainer-Based Executive Search for High Tech Companies
when the decisions are critical
An executive or investor in a high tech company is under great pressure
to respond to ever-changing, ever-narrowing market opportunities and
demands for return on investment. He or she must build a world-class, collaborative
management and leadership team in technology, marketing and operations that will
marshal finite resources towards aggressive goals. The decision to bring on
a key executive or technical leader could mean the difference between success or failure. The best candidates must be found. Fast. Because windows of opportunity close
fast. We are prepared and uniquely qualified to stand with our clients
in meeting these challenges successfully.
- Over 25 years of success in executive search, adding significant business value for high technology clients ranging from Microsoft and Facebook through ground-floor start-ups, and dealing with roles ranging from CEO, VP and GM, through CTO, Distinguished Engineer and Chief Architect
- Offering one of the most successful track records in the industry, we have found a candidate offered the job in over 90% of retainer searches - and the employees we place remain for long tenures and produce outstanding results
- At one leading software company, of its small number of Distinguished Engineers, who are known as technical leaders and innovators with global influence, we have placed 3 in the past 3 years
- We are selective about what corporate clients we represent, and the number we take on, resulting in unprecedented level of personal dedication
- Assessment methodology honed over two decades of experience - and taught in venues such as Harvard-Radcliffe - results in candidates recognized by our clients as being uniquely well qualified
EGS Elite Personal Representation
for CTO's, Technical Fellows, Distinguished Engineers and other top 10% software and hardware engineers/architects
approaching job search and/or considering any of the opportunities we have on search
Unprecedented level of personal dedication and service, and industry and client company knowledge
to provide you value as you consider any opportunity we represent
Tapping a contact network built from over 25 years of high
tech retainer-based executive search
Increase your value in being represented as an EGS Elite client
WHAT HASN'T CHANGED
by Bob Eiland, President EGS Elite
"Rolodexes." Remember those? Now the word is more of a metaphor than an actual object utilized in the modern workplace. The object itself is more of an artifact, and will no doubt be displayed in some Workplace Museum of the future, right along side the answering machine.
Most everything has changed, and will continue to evolve for the better, in how we recruit and build organizations in today's corporate landscape. Thankfully, we have come to think about recruitment as a fully strategic business function to be measured in efficiency and results.
We monitor and report on recruiting: workforce projections, talent maps and skills inventories, sourcing analyses and vendor reviews, internal prospect and employee assessments developed from interview team collaborations….
We develop social network strategies for LinkedIn, Facebook, etc., and use sophisticated analytics to track traffic, how information gets shared across networks, and referral and hiring outcomes. We build end-to-end, integrated views of all our sourcing and hiring activities and channels.
But what HASN'T changed is where, as they say, the rubber meets the road - especially in executive search. Executive search typically deals with the top 5-10%. By definition, there are far fewer inhabitants of this realm. And given the direct impact on company strategy and execution by this level of person, the stakes are a lot higher.
The rubber meets the road where we engage with an executive or hard-to-find technical talent who is not in job search mode, and are able to make a case compelling enough to garner their further consideration. That case needs to be:
- individualized for each person we reach out to, based on research in advance, and on listening/qualifying
- bolstered with detailed information and selling points from company stakeholders and our own research
- forthright, transparent, and approached from the point of view of the person to whom we're reaching out
- conveyed within the context of strict confidentiality
- communicated by someone with instant credibility, professionalism, relevant knowledge and common reference points.
So what HAS changed dramatically in the world of recruitment? As with all of the business world, technology and business processes, especially migration of processes to the internet, which impacts sourcing, monitoring, analyzing and collaborating.
But at the end of the day, we know we are unlikely to fill a critical high-level executive or technologist opening in high tech by spreading the word and hoping for the best. We know we need to be proactive, and find the most effective ways to reach out to what is always a limited number of people who offer the rarified credentials we seek. This is where executive search fits in, where personal experience and wherewithal, and the art of high-level engagement, are at a premium. This is what HASN'T changed.