(978)456-2745, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.egselite.com
[Keep the resume to no more than 2 pages, preferably 1 if less than 10 years experience or 2 jobs.]
[Use if you are entering or reentering the job market, career changing, or targeting a specific or specialized opportunity.]
[Establish your positioning "hook" with the Summary: the 3 or 4 accomplishments or qualities a reader should come away with if they remember nothing else. Note that this messaging should be reflected in all the ways you present yourself, from cover emails through interviews. Bulletizing achievements sends a message of itself: that your focus is on delivering outstanding results. ]
- 30+ years' success in retainer-based executive search for high tech with clients such as Microsoft, Lotus, Copyright Clearance Center, Banyan, BBN and Software.com, among many others
- Preferred Vendor at one of the largest high tech companies in the world conducting searches for the top 1% of the company. Hires include 3 of a small number of Distinguished Engineers, including one divisional CTO and numerous other senior hires, 4 of whom have enhanced the company's diversity profile
- Search partner for networking company, helping build the executive team from COO/President and VP's through Directors in Engineering, Marketing and Services, helping them grow from pre-IPO $60M to public $150M. Helped build executive team of leading messaging company during growth from $5M to $25M.
- Expert in Best Practices of executive search: sourcing strategies & trends, search campaign strategies & tactics, interview strategies, candidate assessment & referencing, search process management & monitoring, coaching/training interview teams, consultative & value selling, negotiation & closing
[This last SUMMARY bullet reviews key skill sets. This can also be put in an attractive table between the SUMMARY and EXPERIENCE sections to optimize your resume for internet keyword searches.]
1980-Pres. EGS Elite / Eiland Global Starr - Founder/ Executive Search Consultant
[Describe responsibilities concisely and with strong, active verbs.]
Founded and currently run a company offering retainer-based executive search for high technology companies.
[Carry through accomplishment orientation, supporting them when you can with quantifiable proof points tied to strategic business outcomes, e.g. revenue increases, profitability / efficiency, market position / penetration / recognition, etc. Again, this applies to all the ways you present yourself. In the body of your resume, 2-5 accomplishments per job will stand out more than 6 +.]
- Found a candidate offered the job for over 90% of retainer searches
- Retained by a group within one leading high tech company's CTO Office that focuses on the company's top 1 1/2% technical openings, and placed for the company 3 out of its small number of Distinguished Engineers, who are known as technical leaders and innovators with global influence
- Clients have included Microsoft, Copyright Clearance Center, BBN, Lotus, 3 Com, Banyan, Netegrity, Bladelogic, Software.com, Frictionless Commerce, Bitstream, Lightspeed, Alliant Computer, Mathsoft, Noblenet, Sentillion, Unidesk among many others
- Developed and ran interview and other career search workshops for Harvard - Radcliffe College and other institutions and companies that received highest ratings in formal feedback mechanisms
- In a consulting capacity, built from ground up the recruitment Best Practices and Policies for $10M Pacer Software, running company-wide recruitment and interview truing, and consulting on candidate assessment for the high-level searches
1979-1980 Positions, Inc./ PSC - Recruiter
Hired to establish new area of contingency placement in technical sales and marketing.
- Named Personnel Consultant of the year first full year
- Established a Medical/Scientific client practice in an office not accustomed to specialization, and developed, won and managed Tektronix, Humphrey Instruments, Interpretive Data Systems, Shared Medical Systems and Nova Biomedical among others, as client companies/li>
- At spin-off PSC, as Manager with hiring, training and supervisory responsibilities, built high tech recruitment practice generating 80% of 7-person company's total revenue
1977-1979 Weston Youth Commission - Director
Created from ground up and ran a responsive youth center program focusing on workshops, responsibility-building activities and groups, outreach to troubled youth and counseling. Responsibilities included establishing the physical premises, creating and running a variety of interpersonal groups, counseling, program planning and development, school liaison, public relations, fiscal planning and management; hiring, training and managing staff. Published regular column on youth and family issues in "Weston Town Crier."
- Program won approval for ongoing Town and State funding
- A number of the "WYC kids," now adults, recently established a WYC Facebook page 30 years later, a tribute to the program's appeal, reach and effectiveness
1974-1977 Access Resource Center - Counselor / Supervisor[Stay concise, especially for earlier positions.]
Phone counseling, information and referral to wide client population.
- In 6 months, promoted to Supervisor responsible for staff training and management, long-term planning and fund raising.
B.A. in English, Tufts University, Cum Laude, 1974
Coordinator of Tufts Concert Committee. Intern City Reporter, "Akron Beacon Journal," Ohio. Selected from Honors Seniors as tutor of Freshman Writing Seminar.
[The categories below can cover any skills, knowledge or citations not previously mentioned]
[The optional PERSONAL or, in this case, COMMUNITY & VOLUNTEERISM, section offers a chance to paint a broader picture in very little space, and in such a way that reinforces messages of accomplishment and responsibility. Sometimes this more personal information can help you strike up a rapport with an interviewer more easily. If applicable, you can also include here information about green card, security clearance, etc.]
COMMUNITY & VOLUNTEERISM:
Founder of Common Ground Harvard, a volunteer organization of community leaders researching and publishing position papers on local issues
Senior volunteer with Fruitlands Museum and Harvard Friends of the Arts
Founder of Gazebo Players, in its tenth year of performing annual Shakespeare in the Park productions
Theatrical directing, producing and acting
Published playwright and children's story author, screenwriter of an award-winning screenplay